Pre Primary—Play Group, Nursery, KG
The need for Little Millennium curriculum:
The foundation for all learning in life is laid during the first few years in a child’s life. Thus this stage is critical and must be handled properly to avoid problems in the learning process later. However, all preschools believe they know how a preschooler should be taught. They all feel that they are experts when it comes to understanding what it takes to run them. Current scenario shows the following data.
- Noneducationist run the majority of the Preschools in India today and no regulatory or monitoring authority overlooks them.
- Preschools have a craze for the western label and there is a total lack of cultural context
- A systematic/scientific approach is missing and there is also a lack of skilled teachers
- The focus is mainly on reading and writing and the conventional attitude is prevalent
- Rigidity in changing style of teaching
We know through extensive research done in this area that nothing could be further than the actual requirement of a preschooler than what is listed above. This approach, in fact, leads to:
- Emotional stress
- 2- 3 years old throwing tantrums and having behavioral issues
- Eating disorders
- Parents seeking counselors help
- Other troubles in the future such as
- Academic problems e.g. poor spellings
- Hatred for studies
- Lack of thinking skills
- Bunking classes
Little Millennium has been created to help:
● Educators/teachers ● Parents ● Most importantly; children.
Our objective is to:
- Build a better future for our children.
- Create preschool products to address the targeted group and focus on all skills (development of the roots of life skills).
- Explore and build the best pedagogic approach which focuses on sequential learning and developmental milestones.
- Ensure uniformity and standardization by scientific and systematic documentation.
Our pedagogic approach
Activity Based Approach
Brain based learning